Thursday, 27 December 2012

Homespun Vintage



This rather nice book arrived in the post the other day.   It was a lovely surprise as I certainly wasn't expecting to get my own copy.

Here, as you can see, is Homespun Vintage, Jane Crowfoot's new book.


It is full of a quite wonderfully eclectic mix of pattern, colour and texture - homeware patterns of all sorts.  Some are knitted, some crocheted, and some are a mixture of the two.  There is embroidery and applique as well, and all levels of skill are catered for, so there really is something for everyone.


I was lucky enough to be one of the knitters involved, and there are two cushion covers that are my work - just the knitted backgrounds, not the trim.


If you'd like your own copy, Jane has some on her website - here.

We have had a lovely quiet Christmas here, and I'm feeling so much better now, as well.   Today I've picked up my crochet swatches again - I shall have to stop very soon, and wait for more yarn to arrive - and Periwinkle is still progressing slowly.  More about that soon...

Oh, and by the way - I have finally worked out why this is funny.  I may be slow, but I do usually get there in the end.

No comments: