Thursday, 13 December 2012

Finished

I have today finished Thing A, folded it carefully, packed it up, and sent it back to Holmfirth by Special Delivery.  It is guaranteed to arrive tomorrow, which is my deadline.

This has been a pleasure to knit, and it has drawn admiring comments from lots of people who have seen me working on it.    The best thing about it, I think, is the yarn, which is something new.   I shall definitely be buying some myself when it becomes available, and I think it is going to be very popular.

This Thing has taken me three weeks precisely from start to finish, not really any rush, just nice comfortable progression from day to day.   If I hadn't paused to finish the Apple Tree Blanket - and if I hadn't started the little rabbit soft toy - then I'd have had this finished at the beginning of the week.

As it turned out, I did not get much done on Tuesday at all.  A bit in the car on the way down, yes, but none at all during the rest of the day.  The journey back was just atrocious, freezing fog all the way back in the dark - and of course I cannot knit in the dark.  On Wednesday I picked it up again and did the last of the knitting, and today I spent a couple of hours doing the last of the finishing.

I am really very pleased with it, and I look forward to being able to show pictures.

Next, some crochet, which once again I will not be allowed to show - although I can talk about it, and I will.  Also, I think that perhaps there will a quick project for myself.

No comments: