Monday, 10 December 2012

Eight things


  • Still here, still knitting Thing A, which is taking a bit longer than I had expected.  I am on the last bit now.  When that is done then I will have about two hours of finishing work to do - perhaps two and a half hours, no more than that.
  • We are off to the dentist tomorrow, and visiting relatives after that.  This means quite a long drive, and so I should get a quite a lot of knitting done in the car.  Whether I will get this last bit of A finished tomorrow is questionable, though.  It depends, of course, how much I get done this evening.
  • Edmund the Bunny was sidelined at the weekend.  Next door's new little baby can have him for Christmas, which gives me lots of time. 
  • I've been reading a lot lately, as I like to read whilst I knit - currently I have nearly finished Dolly, by Susan Hill, which is as spooky as you'd expect from that author.  I just hope that the ending isn't going to be a let-down.  Before that it was Breakfast at Tiffany's, which I had never read; and The House of Silk, which is by Anthony Horowitz, and really is excellent.  I can recommend it, and I hope very much that there will be more along the same lines from this author.  (We've got a beautiful new library in Trowbridge, and I am making the most of it.) 
  • I have some more paid work lined up ready to start when A is finished - but it's not knitting, it's crochet.  More on that later.
  • I am feeling a strong (and rather selfish) urge to cast on something for me.  Something quickly finished.
  • Yes, I know that lists are a last resort, but I'm busy, truly I am.
  • I do not understand this.

No comments: