Friday, 23 November 2012

Thing A

Thing One and Thing Two duly went off in the post on Monday, and have been approved by Rowan.

I will admit that I was quite stupidly nervous about this, and that it was a great relief to hear that what I'd done was entirely acceptable.   And then they offered to send me something else to knit, and I said yes, despite the Apple Tree Blanket needing to be finished soon.  (I will get it done!)  And that's not even considering all the other things that I want to make.  

So why did I say yes? - well, I've always wanted to knit for Rowan, but it has always seemed unattainable, and it is a very nice thing to be offered.  Besides, it isn't going to be all year round, I'm sure.

Anyway, I said yes, and so a parcel from Rowan arrived for me yesterday.   Once again - a quantity of yarn, a typed-out pattern, a sketch from the designer.  Up to our studio to retrieve appropriate needles, and off I went.   So now I am knitting another photography garment for Rowan, and of course I am not allowed to tell people about what I am knitting, or indeed what I am knitting with.   I'm going to call it Thing A.

Not being allowed to talk about one's knitting is a slightly hampering factor when one is writing a knitting blog.  But I think it is fairly well known that Rowan bring out new yarns each season.  And that these new yarns are nice - I don't think I've ever met a Rowan yarn that I didn't like, with the possible exception of Romance.  And I also think it is fairly well known that some Rowan patterns are very detailed.  And I don't think that anyone who knows me would be surprised to hear that most of my favourite designers work for Rowan.

So on that basis, I'm just going to say that I am knitting with a new yarn and it is truly gorgeous.  I would love to drop hints about the precise nature of the gorgeousness, but I mustn't.    The pattern, which is from one of my favourite designers,  is quite detailed and extremely beautiful.

I think it is safe to say that Thing A is also going to be extremely beautiful.   However at the moment I am not very far along with it and there is a bit of time pressure involved, so I'd better get back to my knitting.


2 comments:

Anne Featonby said...

I have to say - what a great blog post about something you can't talk about!

Helen said...

I don't think I would be a knitter without Rowan. The yarns and the pattern books always call me back. I can easily understand the allure of having a parcel from Holmfirth plop through the letterbox, no matter how much other knitting you have planned :)