Friday, 5 October 2012

Still secret....

So, I am still doing my secret sample knitting.  It is going to be so pretty - I really am pleased with how it is working up.  But I think that's about all I'm allowed to say, so I shall talk about the yarn instead.

I'm sure you will have realised that this is Rowan Kidsilk Haze.  The colour, however, is a new one.  It is 664 Steel, and seems to be something of a chameleon colour.  It is a silvery grey, but sometimes it looks almost blue, sometimes I can see hints of purple, and sometimes it looks like a dusty grey-green.  It is lovely, and I can see it becoming one of my favourites, alongside Majestic and Elegance, which last is now of course discontinued, much lamented by me.  Oh, and not forgetting Turkish Plum!

Lots of things waiting in the wings - baby socks and baby blanket for my neighbour - pullover for my husband - Ross for myself - must crack on!


2 comments:

ChrisLlew said...

Several of us fascinated by "the secret project" at the Pain Clinic knitting group, and the impromptu hints on threading beads, really hope you'll bring in the finished article.

ChrisLlew said...

Several of us fascinated by "the secret project" at the Pain Clinic knitting group, and the impromptu hints on threading beads, really hope you'll bring in the finished article.