Sunday, 28 October 2012

Busy, busy

I have had the most wonderful time over the last few days.  It has been incredibly busy - well, by our standards - but such fun.

On Thursday we went down to Bovey Tracey in Devon.  There is a yarn shop in Bovey Tracey called Spin-a-Yarn, and Joyce, the proprietor, had organised a fashion show of handknits at the Devon Guild of Craftsmen.  There were garments from Martin Storey, and also from Alison Crowther-Smith, and some Rowan display garments as well, from other designers.  

So many lovely things! - and did I take photos? - no, I did not.  I have no idea why not, I certainly should have.

Anyway, it was a very entertaining and sociable evening.  I am now very much looking forward to gettting a copy of Martin's new book, Scottish Heritage Knits.  There were a lot of garments shown from this book, and they were all stunning.


We stayed at a room over the pub, with an appropriately sheepy view from our window.

Today has been spent knitting as well, with Alison Crowther-Smith and friends.  A log fire, good company, lots of knitting - oh, and cake!


By the way, I finished Ross on Wednesday evening, and wore it on Thursday.  It was, I think, very successful.   Pictures soon....

1 comment:

Fishfarms said...

Friends to knit with, a log fire and cake! How I long for a piece of Ali's cake. I think it does not get any better than that.
Gail