Thursday, 20 September 2012

Knitting in the sunshine

Things are really rather lovely at the moment.  We're on the narrowboat and have been for a few days now, the sun is shining, and I have lots of lovely knitting and absolutely nothing else that needs to be done.  No chores, no errands, nothing.  Just time to myself.

So I'm sitting here in the front of the boat as we go along, Jess is at my feet - well actually she is sitting on my feet - and I have a cup of good coffee to hand, and my knitting.


That's another Singing River Shrug, and it is looking pretty good, if I do say so myself.

We will not mention the huge search for the 4mm dpns that ensued yesterday, when I went to cast on for this.    The thing about knitting on a narrowboat is that you cannot just pop upstairs to the studio and get something, you have to actually remember to take it all with you, preferably in the correct project bag.

I did find them in the end, of course.

And now I have to go and open a swing bridge....

2 comments:

Heather said...

That sounds pretty idylic! (apart from the search for the needles). Your knitting looks lovely too.

Gail (Fishfarms) said...

What a wonderful day, Fiona. Have a lovely trip.