Monday, 10 September 2012

Catch up!

Right now we are moored just above the lock at Bradford on Avon, and mirabile visu, I am blogging.  Hooray for modern technology!  We now have internet access whilst we are on the boat - well, for some of the time, at least.  The connection turns out to be variable in the extreme - it is apparent that signal strength on the waterways is no sort of priority for the networks.

High time I caught up with what's on the needles at the moment.

I've just finished knitting this for Alison - the first of a pair, obviously.



Please ignore my un-beautiful hand and look at the beautiful fingerless mitt instead.  Rowan Pure Wool 4ply in Eau de Nil 450 - and Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Turkish Plum 660, which is my new favourite KSH colour.  


Corkscrew Mitts, from Alison Crowther-Smith - but you guessed that, I am sure.  These are from her new collection of designs.

Also from Ali, and also from her new collection -


This is a shrug, worked in Kidsilk Haze held together with Fine Lace.  Plus beads, plus a clever tuck stitch that gives a cloudy, slightly puffy effect to the fabric - plus lace ribbing.....  lovely fun to knit, and this is going to be a gorgeous garment.


This is the Little Neath Shrug, worked in Ember 644 KSH and Ochre 930 Fine Lace.  My camera is not showing the colour to advantage, as usual.  

Apart from this, there is my own knitting, which isn't looking nearly as beautiful.


This is going to be Ross, from Wintertide.  I like waistcoats, and garments which have pockets are always a plus for me.  I haven't worked with a boucle yarn for ages, and when I saw that there was a stripe variation for this particular yarn - Rowan Fine Boucle - I wanted to see what it was like.  Because, you know, I love self-striping yarns.  And that is probably because I am easily entertained.



So this is Masham Stripe, and I can promise you that there really are stripes, it is not me being clever with the camera, because I don't know how to do things like that.

I like this yarn.  The fabric is lovely, soft and nicely woolly, just what one wants at this time of the year.  It is surprisingly well behaved to work with, as well, and I do like the fact that all the colours are natural shades of the wool, undyed.    I am sure I will be using this again.

I will leave you with these gorgeous autumn colours - this is, I think, Virginia creeper, or it might be Boston Ivy - I can never remember how to tell the difference.  Growing wild over an ash tree, near Dundas Aqueduct.


Also, I am on Facebook now.  If I can just work out how to put a link, like the Ravelry link, that would be good.  I'll get there.....

2 comments:

Ali said...

Squeee! so excited to see these, thank you. I'm also working a Little Neath in teals and bronze :) Ali X

Fiona said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds gorgeous!