I've finished several things over the past few days.
I have reworked the Inside Out Socks that I made several years ago.
I unravelled the cast-off at the top of each leg and reworked the socks without the cables - much more comfortable to wear like this. I know I've said it before - function is paramount for me, with knitting. Knitted garments are for wearing..... Anyway, these are now getting worn, which they were not, before.
I've also finished another pair of socks, these were a very quick knit as the yarn is DK weight.
The yarn was given to me as a gift several years ago. There was a good-sized skein of variegated yarn, and a small skein of toning contrast yarn intended for the toes and heels - and it is lovely yarn, too, soft and very lustrous.
I very much enjoyed knitting these. My usual pattern, 56 stitches this time, and 2.75mm needles, with a French Toe - my current favourite.
I mentioned last time that I had a new way of casting off at the top of socks. The main reason that I don't often knit socks from the toe up is that I don't like the way the cast-off edge looks - a traditional cast-off is not elastic enough, a lace cast-off is too loose. A sewn cast-off is better, but not perfect - until now.
If you go here, you can read about the Interlock Bind-off. This is it, really. This method duplicates the appearance of a normal cast-on edge, and it is just right. You may be seeing more toe-up socks here, very soon.
And finally, I'll leave you with a picture of the canal, on a busy Sunday afternoon.