I finished this rather nice pullover a while ago, but I haven't written about it here yet. So here we are, despite the fact that Blogger still won't let me move pictures around.
I must be doing something wrong, but I haven't yet worked out what it is. At the moment I have to upload pictures in the reverse of the order in which I want them to appear, and then put the text around them. If I decide that I want to add another picture, then I have to upload the whole lot all over again, rather tedious. Any advice would be welcome.
Anyway, here is Victor(ia).
The pattern is Victor, from Kim Hargreaves' book Touching Elegance. What I was after here was a big soft warm loose pullover, which nonetheless fit in a flattering way, and I think I've got exactly what I wanted.
This was made using Felted Tweed Aran, which is just lovely to work with. It feels like the nicest of woolly yarns, and beautifully soft to the hand. The colour I chose was 729 Soot, and I used 13 balls.
I chose to follow the directions for size 40", and altered the pattern to narrow the shoulders, because this was for me and I don't have man-sized shoulders. I had to alter the sleeve caps to correspond to this of course, all pretty straightforward really, and I think it has come out rather well. The shoulder line and the fit of the sleeve into the body all look fine to me.
On the current knitting front, I still haven't finished Baymouth. Well, I did finish the knitting, but when I began to fit the sleeves to the body, I decided that some alterations were needed. I needed to add a little width to the top of the sleeve, to take account of my altered tension, and also I had knitted the second sleeve rather more firmly than I should have, and it had made a difference to the sizing which I could not ignore.
So I unravelled the whole of one sleeve, and two thirds of the other one, and I've been reworking them at the right (and hopefully consistent) tension, with a couple of increases each side. Only a small alteration there, but I think that it will make an important difference to the finish.
Right now I've nearly finished the second sleeve for the second time. I want this finished! - it would be getting worn, if it were.
I am still thinking about afterthought pockets, and it looks as if I will have enough yarn to do this. So I shall finish the whole thing, and then we'll have a go at that. I've taught this technique many times, but I've never actually had occasion to use it in my own knitting, so I suppose this will be a first, in a way.
Soon, I hope.