Saturday, 10 December 2011

Beech

I almost forgot about these - I finished them a couple of days ago.


These are the Beech Mitts from Rowan 50, pattern by Erika Knight.

I used 3 balls of Felted Tweed Chunky, with more than half of the last ball left over.  The colour is called Wode and is actually a lovely turquoise blue, rather than the denim-y version you can see here.  I am blaming my camera again.

I did alter the top a bit, because I like my mitts to actually keep my hands warm.  The pattern has the ribbing at the top edge starting immediately after the cast-off for the thumb.  Instead, I continued working in cable pattern until after the next cable twist.  I then worked the decreases over the top of the cables, and after that I started the ribbing - and I worked 5 rounds of ribbing instead of 5.  Not really a major change but the extra inch or so of fabric makes these much more useful, I think.

I've finished Brier, too.  Pictures soon....

2 comments:

Faeryfay said...

Love the cables!

Madeleine said...

Oh I love those. Something I want to make soon too.
've been too quiet on my knitting Blog and to make amends am hosting a bloghop. I hope you can join in.