Thursday, 27 October 2011

Blue Smudge

I've been knitting something new.

This is Smudge, from Alison Crowther Smith, worked in two shades of Kidsilk Haze - the dark blue is Hurricane, and the light blue background is Heavenly.  This particular version is being worked at a longer length than the original, which will make it even more versatile.



It is the most lovely knitting, and I know I keep saying that about projects from Alison, but really it is.

The pattern is simple and very easily memorised, although it doesn't look easy.  The beading, of course, adds a beautiful drape to the soft floaty Kidsilk Haze.



My husband stopped and looked at it the other day, and said, 'That's really pretty.'

And I can but agree.

2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh my but that is lovely! Whenever my husband is actually moved to comment on my knitting I'm always surprised and think that much more favourably about the piece afterwards!

Faeryfay said...

Ooooh, it's gorgeous!