Saturday, 10 September 2011

Something new

It is so nice to have something new and interesting on the needles - soft, pretty, textured, with such lovely yarns as well, and a truly gorgeous combination of colours.   After all these years of knitting, it isn't very often that I find myself presented with something that actually feels new to me - and right now I am lucky enough to have a project exactly like that.

So - two yarns held together.  One strand of Rowan Pure Wool 4ply in a soft pink called Vintage, one strand of Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Majestic, which is of course something of a chameleon - not lilac, not grey, but something of both - very unique, and a very 'Rowan' colour.  Put this together with an interesting stitch pattern, and you will find that I am a happy knitter. I've been ticking along with this particular lovely for a few days now, and it is going beautifully, if I do say so myself.


This is unblocked, of course - still on the needles.  And it looks so pretty!   I am not sure which appeals the most - the texture or the colour.  And speaking of the colour, I've done my level best here to get it right, and although it is close, it is not exact - my camera always seems to put too much blue in the mix, and it is hard to correct.

Anyway - is it old rose?  or crushed strawberry?

Either way, it is lovely, and so is the design.

This will be available soon as a kit from Alison Crowther-Smith, and I think that she will be running a workshop for it, too.  

I'm looking forward to the last part of the pattern, there is a lovely pointy ruffle to make along each end.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

This sounds a fascinating project - I'm intrigued. I look forward to seeing it finished.