Saturday, 9 July 2011

At last!

I finished the Moroccan Tile Bedcover. It took me nearly three months, and a lot of Rowan Cotton Glace and a lot of beads too.

It is going to be absolutely stunning when it is assembled. I look forward to seeing it when the designer - Jane Crowfoot - has finished it.

I will just post one picture here, a close up of one of the lovely beaded blocks, unblocked, just as it came off the needles. Blogger is giving me a hard time with posting pictures at the moment, it won't let me move them around using cut and paste, I have no idea why. So I hope this comes out in the right place.



Anyway, it is a pretty, pretty thing. Heavy, with all the beads, and such lovely rich colours.


I seem to have forgotten how to blog, in the meantime.


What else - I am working now on Baymouth, using some Rowan All Seasons Cotton in one of the old printed colours, this one is a random mix of grey and off-white. I think it may have been called Cloud? - could be wrong there.



However - a nice straightforward pattern, a long tunic sweater with little vents at the side seams and garter stitch edgings. I have altered the pattern to make the whole thing shorter - it would have been too long on me otherwise - and to make the vents shorter as well, just 10cm will do very well for me. I shall add afterthought pockets if it turns out that I have sufficient yarn.


The Spey Valley socks have been frogged. I tried them on, they were too tight around the ankle. Instead, I am using the yarn to make another pair of socks for my husband. It is quite a while since I made him any socks, so high time I got on with it.


Oh, and I finished seaming Victor(ia). I don't think I have mentioned that. It hasn't actually been tried on yet, as it is a warm pullover and although the weather has been unseasonally wet and chilly, it hasn't been chilly enough for me to wear Victor(ia) comfortably.

But I will take a picture, I promise. It is actually rather gorgeous, I love the textural stripes and the depth of colour in this lovely tweedy yarn.

Finally, I had a very pleasant surprise when I opened this month's copy of The Knitter. One of the patterns is a beautiful vest, Salma.


Design, assembly, and crochet by Jane Crowfoot - knitting by me.

Lovely to see my work in print for the first time!





3 comments:

faeryfay said...

Love that Salma! Great knitting, well done!

Madeleine Sara said...

I've not braved the kniting with beads yet. I am impressed. Yes blogger messes with me sometimes too. Love the pics you did managae to upload :O)

Joan said...

Hello! Glad to read you, glad to know you are no longer in knitting purgatory!

Congratulations on Salma, and I can't wait to see the Moroccan bedcover-- what an endeavour.