Still here, still knitting. And feeling better again, which is a great relief. Thankyou for all your good wishes.
I have almost finished Victor(ia) now, there is just the last sleeve to finish, and then a bit of seaming and we're done.
This is Felted Tweed Aran in Soot, and it is just as lovely to work with as you'd expect. The fabric is soft and light, but still with a pleasing density to it. I think it is easily soft enough to wear next to the skin - however I think that the weather is getting a little warm now for this pullover to get much wear before autumn comes around again.
I do like the ridge around each sleeve. Kim Hargreaves does this with several of her patterns, it is a nice detail and very easy to work.
This pattern is written for a man, so I have made some alterations to the fit - I have narrowed the shoulders a touch, reducedthe depth of the armhole, and changed the shaping of the sleeve cap correspondingly. I think it should fit well now, but this remains to be seen.
The Wisteria socks have also made some progress. I have finished the first one, and am past the heel turn of the second.
This is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, in Wisteria of course, and I am working with 72 stitches on 2mm needles. I like the close fabric that this produces. I am playing around with my basic pattern a bit here, the heel flap is worked starting with a purl row - I find this gives a neater result at the corners. And the toe is a graduated spiral, which is becoming my favourite these days. I've worked the heel flap a little deeper than usual, as well, to accommodate my annoyingly high instep.
Anyway, nearly done. After this, probably Spey Valley, in some dark red St Ives sock wool, again for me. I do need some more plain socks.
And finally, I've picked up my needlepoint again, and have been very much enjoying it.
This is a pattern from Candace Bahouth, called Samarkand. It is worked with the yarn held double, so is going quite quickly - or at least quickly for needlepoint. Still pretty slow if you compare it with knitting.
I did finish one project recently - paid work, for one of the Rowan designers - and I completely forgot to take a picture. This is a pity, because it was lovely. Rich jewel colours, a beaded cast on, and a pretty border using slipped stitches and intarsia together. And all worked in 4 ply cotton. Really beautiful! And it never crossed my mind to get the camera out, I just blocked it, wrapped it up, and sent it off.
Never mind, when it is published I can link to it then....
I have no paid knitting work going at the moment, but there is a big project coming up soon. I shall start it as soon as the yarn and pattern arrive!