Wednesday, 2 February 2011

I never thought I'd say it.....

I am reaching the point where I have had enough of knitting with 4ply.

This latest piece of paid work is actually two pieces. They are both in 4ply, and they are both worked in a textured stitch pattern - the only differences between the two pieces is the stitch pattern on the main part, and the colour. I have finished the black one, and now I am working on the cream one.

Actually there is another difference too, the cream one is going faster because I can see what I am doing. My eyes aren't so young as they were, and even with a white cloth on my lap, and using reading glasses, there is no getting away from the fact that working with black 4ply yarn is no longer easy in the evenings. The cream project though, presents no such difficulty, and it is going faster.

I do have quite a tight deadline for these two projects, but I am hoping at the moment to have them finished with several days to spare - always a good thing, as you never know what's around the corner.

Working with thick yarns is not something I particularly look forward to, as a rule, but right now I can't wait to get back to Shadowbox (just two more rounds to go!) and Victor(ia), both of which are languishing in my knitting bag.

Solution - knit faster.....!

1 comment:

Terri(terdotty on rav) said...

Ooh, that sounds like a mission! Well done for perservering - especially with the dark yarn!