Friday, 29 October 2010

Onward!

I am still plugging along with the turquoise cotton cardigan for my mother. It is going slowly, mainly because I'd rather be working on something woolly instead, but also because of pattern problems. So far I've finished the back and am past the armhole shaping on the left front.

I've discovered that there is a bit of a problem with the pattern. If you work the slope of the v neckline as it says in the pattern, then the fronts turn out rather longer than the back. And no it isn't a dropped-back shoulder line, and yes I have taken account of 'at the same time'. It is just a mistake, I am pretty sure. Looking at the picture on the leaflet, I can see where the front slope takes a distinct jog inwards, near the top, where the slope suddenly gets much steeper just before the shoulder. The test knitter fudged it, I believe.

I am adjusting the slope of the front instead. There was some pulling back, of course, once I discovered the problem, but now that is sorted out, things may go a bit faster.

Now, Felicity.


Free pattern here. I used two balls of Cashsoft Aran in black, and needles size 4mm and 5mm. I modified the pattern by casting on 80 sts instead of 70, and working a bit of extra length as well.

This is a nice hat, but it isn't really big enough for me. The tension around the forehead is just a bit too much, and there isn't enough slouch, either. So it is being frogged, and I shall make myself a nice plain hat, probably with a roll brim.

I was looking back at my list of things that I wanted to knit - there were 15 things on the list, then. Two of them have disappeared, or rather, can be ticked off, because I did actually finish Mythos and Felicity. Another has been changed - the navy merino is no longer intended for Alexi, instead it is going to be Snowbird. And there is my new hat to add to the list as well - and I have started another Opal - so that is still 15 things. Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

Finally, Jessie is 6 months old, so I think that a picture is in order. She's about as big now as she's going to get, and that's just a little larger than Lucy. This can be judged from the fact that she can get her nose onto the edge of the dining table when she jumps up - which she is not allowed to do, of course. Lucy was not quite tall enough to do this, so the problem never arose.


She is still incredibly soft and fluffy, this is all puppy coat, and it will in due course be shed, and her proper coat will come in. Right now she looks as if she has little fluffy trousers on, and her feet look really small because I am keeping them trimmed - it is much more comfortable for her like that, otherwise she ends up walking on fur instead of on her little pads.

She's looking so grown up now. They don't stay small for very long!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I love Heidi's patterns too. I think she is a great designer of current styles.

Terri(terdotty on rav) said...

Jessie is so grown up already - still cute, always will be I imagine. Hope you are well.

小晶 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................