Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Pomander

Here is Pomander.


I actually finished this before we left on the boat six weeks ago, all but setting in the second sleeve and working the second sleeve and side seam. On Monday I finished it properly, and immediately put it on and wore it for the rest of the evening. I've worn it every day since then, as well, so it looks as if this pullover is going to earn its keep.



RYC Cotton Jeans is quite a heavy yarn, 100% cotton and it is aran weight as well, but this pullover isn't too hot because of the textured openwork sections, and the open placket neckline. It works perfectly over a vest or camisole.


Pattern from Rowan Classic Summer Delights, yarn is RYC Cotton Jeans as I said - now discontinued, sadly - and the colour is Tussore 373 which is a good straightforward dark navy, regardless of the strange variations that my camera is showing. I made size M, and I used 22 balls of yarn where the pattern requirements say 20. As my row gauge was out by 10%, that's entirely to be expected.

Verdict - very nice!


Two other things -


I still haven't finished the back of Julia - just half a dozen rows to go - but here you can see the work in progress. Heavily cabled, and great fun to knit. The colour is pale duck egg, unusual for me, but I like it.


And Jessie has doubled her weight since she came to live with us.

Here she is on the day we collected her, eight weeks old and 3.54 kilos -


- and here at 15 weeks old, and 7.2 kilos.


Quite a change! Our baby puppy isn't such a baby any more....

4 comments:

Terdotty on Rav (Terri) said...

Jess is growing up to be a beautiful young lady, still very very cute! Love Pomander, looks like such a useful garment to have in your wardrobe and v.attractive too. Julia is coming on nicely isn't it, I'm a sucker for cables! Welcome back, hope you haven't got too many post holiday blues x

Linda said...

Lovely knit, the texture is great isn't it. Jess is a lovely dog.

Experimental Knitter said...

Pomander is lovely.
Jess is dog-gone cute.

Lee Bernstein said...

These puppy photos are the best!

The other day, I told my husband that I could tell I was becoming addicted to knitting because, as I look at our beautiful, red sable, long haired Dachshund, I think I may want to learn how to spin!

Thanks for your blog.

Lee