Thursday, 17 June 2010

Last thing....

We are off tomorrow morning on the boat. We shall be away for about a month, we think, and I probably won't have internet access until we get back, so this will probably be the last post for a while.

Knitting - I finished the latest pair of travelling socks.


Pattern is my own. I love the spiral toe, it gives such a neat fit - and no grafting at all. Needles are 2.25mm, and the yarn is Trekking XL, colour 100.

And I have very nearly finished Pomander as well - I just have to cast off the last sleeve, set it in, and work the side and sleeve seam on that side. But that won't be happening until I get back!

Jess is doing really well. She has stopped nibbling everyones fingers and feet, thank goodness - at one point this week she was being referred to as either Piranha Puppy or White Fang. Teeth like needles, I kid you not.

I've been taking some more pictures.

Here she is sitting in the hallway. This gives a good idea of how little she is - the skirting board is 10cm high.


She love playing in the garden, and is completely housetrained already - she's a bright little thing, very quick to learn.


She's asleep on the sofa right now - she is still sleeping a lot of the time, and she's tired this evening. This is because we visited the puppy class of the local dog training club, which we'll probably be attending when we get back. She sat on my lap and looked at everything - lots of people, lots of dogs - and she wasn't frightened at all, instead she was wanting to get down and join in.

She is very nearly sleeping through the night, now. I am only being woken once, usually at about 4am, and she settles down again immediately after a quick visit to the garden.

I expect it is fairly clear that we are completely besotted with her.

Ok, one more....

6 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh it all sounds just so spectacularly fun and rewarding! No wonder you're besotted!

Have a wonderful trip and vacation!

Joan said...

A MONTH! Can't wait to see how much she will have grown, and whether you'll have done any knitting. Do hope the weather improves for you-- have a lovely, relaxing time!

Brenda said...

Have a wonderful vacation. I've often wondered if the spiral toe - which seems to have a ridge always across the top of the toe, hurts at all, when in the shoe. Have you noticed that?

Linda said...

Have a lovely time on the boat. I hope the puppy likes it!

Terdotty on Rav (Terri) said...

Have a lovely holiday with Jess, take lots of pictures please so we can see how she grows!

pip said...

love your travelling socks :)