Monday, 17 May 2010

Random

  • Puppies were absolutely adorable. They were about as big as guinea pigs last week, not yet four weeks old then. So sweet! Little squeaking noises, and crawling about. They couldn't quite stand up yet, although they were trying. Ours is the smallest of the litter, she is a very light blue roan with little tan eyebrows. She has a black spot right on the top of her head, and a couple more on her back. Her name is going to be Jessie, probably Jess most of the time - and there she is, right in the middle.
  • Blurry pictures, because we forgot to turn on the flash, and puppies are wriggly. And also extremely cuddly.




  • Knitting. Not a lot of that, actually. My green Citron is nearly finished, though. I'm on the final ruffle, and wondering if I can squeeze a couple more rows out of this skein of Malabrigo Lace. The pattern says 11 rows after the ruffle increases, then cast off. I'm thinking that maybe I can manage 13 rows. There will be much weighing of yarn, together with arithmetic. Should be ok, I think.
  • Pomander is slow, slow, slow..... My hands have not toughened up yet. Currently I am just past the top of the side vents, partway through the second band of stocking stitch. Told you it was slow.
  • I have thought of a new and truly excellent way of avoiding holes at the top of a sock gusset. In fact I can't think why it didn't occur to me ages ago. It is one of those things that is totally obvious once you've thought of it. I tried it out on the travelling sock - the one for me in Trekking XXL 100 that I haven't photographed yet - and it is perfect. Perfect! Really! And so easy and non-fiddly!

  • Not the best yarn, because of the black flecky section right where I was picking up stitches, but you can see what I mean, I hope. I shall have to hurry and finish the first sock, so that I can get on to the second sock and take some pictures to show you what I did.

4 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh my goodness - too too too too cute! It must have been hard to leave her there!

Cate said...

Oh wow! A tri-! Gorgeous!

I hope the next few weeks fly by for you so you won't have to wait too long before she's home and demanding a snuggle. I'm sure she'll settle down into owning you in no time!

Have fun!

Linda said...

Wonderful little puppies!

Brenda said...

Oh, such teasing. Your sock looks great, but I want to know your secret.