Friday, 2 April 2010

Nissa

Finally finished, poor neglected thing.


This has turned out to be a beautiful garment.

It is a very simple shape, but that shape is perfect - and perfect for the fabric that this yarn produces as well. It is quite wide and loose, and it drapes beautifully. It is semi-transparent in wear, so a vest top or a camisole is worn underneath.

I am really very pleased indeed.

Summary - Nissa, from The Kidsilk Aura Collection, by Marie Wallin. I made size L, and used 15 balls of yarn, as the pattern says. My only modification was to make the neck shorter - because I have a short neck myself, unfortunately. And if I recall correctly, I made the sleeves a little shorter. I like my sleeves at 18", no longer than that.

The colour is better here.

I really am very pleased with this pullover.

But it is a good thing I got it finished before the new Twist Collective came out, though. I have decided that Poplar & Elm is for me, and I even have yarn in the stash that will work beautifully - Rowan 4ply Soft in Malachite. As if I needed any more things to knit....

No comments: