Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Next

I've got just about a week before I'm in hospital again.

I shouldn't be in for long at all - just one night if all goes to plan - and I've been planning some knitting for the days and weeks after I get back home. It's a bit daft really, because the stash is going to be right there. But I just want to have things sorted out - anything that needs to be wound, is wound up ready. And pattern, needles and yarn all together.

First, I shall be completing Dusk - that's if I don't get it finished beforehand. At the moment, I've done the back and one sleeve, and I'm on the point of completing the first front. I'm just working the neckband extension, and then it is done. So, one sleeve and one front to go, plus finishing. Entirely possible in a week, but I'm not rushing.

After that, I think Pomander. I have RYC Cotton Jeans in Tussore for this - that's the very dark navy - bought on sale last year. Just the thing for summer, on a cool evening.

Then Compote. I've been changing my mind about this cardigan on a fairly regular basis, but I do keep coming back to it. RYC Natural Silk Aran in Black for this one, and I've even got the buttons. Very useful over a Ghost dress, or with jeans or a denim skirt.

After that, I am going to frog Cookie. This has been on the needles for ages, and as with Compote, I keep changing my mind about it. The turning point was when I realised that RYC Silk Cotton and Rowan All Seasons Cotton are exactly the same yardage, and the tension is close too. It turns out that I have sufficient Silk Cotton to make St Mawes. Very nice, I think - the subtlety of the stitch pattern ought to be well suited to this yarn with its slight sheen.

I've got a ball of lettuce green Opal sock yarn for Yarnissima's Brainless Socks - free Ravelry download there - and some Malabrigo Lace for Citron, also in Lettuce.

So that's more than enough to be going on with. Plus, of course, the never-ending Earth Stripe Curtain continues in fits and starts. Not so many of the 'starts' recently, but I'll get back to it.



We might try and escape on the boat again over the weekend, if the weather holds. At the moment, the forecast is good.....

2 comments:

Experimental Knitter said...

Hope all goes well.

Helen said...

I hope things go smoothly when you're in hospital, and that you get home quickly, and that matters are much improved afterwards. And I look forward to seeing what you decide to do knittingwise :)