These were actually great fun to knit, and the entrelac (or rather, garterlac) and domino ones were particularly addictive. I have discovered, by the way, that I prefer Vivian Hoxbro's method of picking up stitches to the Mason Dixon method. Easier, and much neater too, I think.
From the left -
- Basic Dishcloth from Jo Ann, pattern link here -
- Idiot's Dishcloth, with an eyelet edge, pattern here -
- Mason Dixon Ninepatch dishcloth, pattern here -
- Garterlac Dishcloth from Criminy Jickets, free Ravelry download link here -
- Ballband Dishcloth from Sugar N Cream, free pattern here, and finally -
- a variation on Vivian Hoxbro's Domino Potholder, which was a free pattern from Interweave for a while - no longer, I'm afraid.
I used natural cream dishcloth cotton, bought on eBay for about £1 a ball, post paid. (Barbara? - you are quite right, I am sure this is the same thing.) And I used 4mm needles, because that's the first thing that came to hand.
So there we are, 6 dishcloths, all different. And we've started to use them.
I have a feeling that I shall be making more fairly soon, but for the time being I think that's that.
Now, back to Dusk.