Tuesday, 6 April 2010

I think that's that...

I think I'm over the dishcloths, for the time being at any rate. I've finished half a dozen of them now, and I think that counts as a project.


These were actually great fun to knit, and the entrelac (or rather, garterlac) and domino ones were particularly addictive. I have discovered, by the way, that I prefer Vivian Hoxbro's method of picking up stitches to the Mason Dixon method. Easier, and much neater too, I think.

From the left -

I used natural cream dishcloth cotton, bought on eBay for about £1 a ball, post paid. (Barbara? - you are quite right, I am sure this is the same thing.) And I used 4mm needles, because that's the first thing that came to hand.

So there we are, 6 dishcloths, all different. And we've started to use them.

I have a feeling that I shall be making more fairly soon, but for the time being I think that's that.


Now, back to Dusk.

2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

I love them all done is cream cotton - the thought of that had rekindled my interest in making a few more!

Barbara said...

£1 a ball is a bargain - it's £1.85 in Leeds market (which is generally a good place for low prices).