Monday, 1 March 2010

Out the window

I'm feeling quite upbeat this morning.

The side effects that had me so down last week have mysteriously - and wonderfully! - all disappeared. I certainly hope they stay that way!

Also, I've been doing a bit of thinking over the weekend. This situation - I can't do anything to change it. It is what it is. All I can do is keep on following the advice of the medics, and I am doing just that already.

So - it is what it is.

I need to recognise those negative thoughts for what they are, and catch them before they get established and start making me feel down.

Knitting - I've been doing some thinking about this as well. I've decided that life is too short for self-imposed rules and restrictions. So the rules have gone, as it were, out the window.

(And believe me, it took great restraint not to title this post 'per fenestra'. I am not entirely sure why Latin keeps coming to mind recently - possibly it is because I've been re-reading Suetonius' The Twelve Caesars. That's a very good book, by the way. No, not in Latin, in translation. )

So.

I have lots of very nice things in the stash. Now, you may be familiar with this, or not - I find there is a certain self-imposed resistance to picking out a particular gem, and actually using it - not entirely sure why this should be. Maybe because then it is committed - the possibilities have finally crystallised, and are not possibilities any more?

But anyway, I have decided - Use The Good Stuff. Don't keep putting it off for another time. If you love it, use it.

And on that note, here is Nissa.


I have 12 skeins of Kidsilk Aura in Steel, which had been sitting on the shelf for ages. No longer!

This thing of beauty (yes it is!) is the back, about ten rows away from the shoulder and neck shaping. It is soft and beautiful, and working on it has been a positive pleasure for me over the weekend.

The pattern is by Marie Wallin, and is from Rowan's Kidsilk Aura book. It is a simple shape, back and front worked the same, wide and drapy with a little gentle waist shaping, and a grown-on funnel neck. Quite dramatic in wear -


- although whether it will look like that when it is being worn by me, is another matter entirely.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thats going to be lovely! I think that there is something strange going on here today ... that yellow thing in the sky is out! It cheers me up.

Experimental Knitter said...

Gorgeous! I love the gossamer effect.