Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Neat

I have finally finished something. It is just a little thing, but it will be very useful.

I have one of those handbags that possibly has the kitchen sink hiding in there somewhere. It definitely has my eReader and my iPod in there, and that means that it also has some headphones. Not actually headphones of course, I mean those little earbud things that come with an iPod. And I've got another pair that fit more comfortably, because the bits that go in the ear are squishy, but the sound isn't so good. So, two pairs of the things.

As I'm sure you know, the vast majority of iPod cases do not have anywhere for the earbuds to live. This is not entirely sensible, as an iPod without earbuds or headphones of some sort is, to a certain extent, useless. And the eReader cases don't provide for headphones either, although listening to music (from the eReader) whilst reading (also from the eReader) is a great pleasure.

So what to do with the earbuds? If I leave them loose in my bag, they wrap and knot themselves around everything else in a way that is positively Gordian. So they've been living in an increasingly scruffy little plastic bag. And I have trouble finding that, most of the time.

No longer.


I've made a little case/cosy/sock thing for them, and it is, though I say it myself, quite neat.


I haven't yet decided which way I prefer to fasten it.

I used an oddment of sock yarn for this - the yarn is Blue Moon Socks That Rock Silkie, and the colourway is called Walking on the Wild Tide.


I've finished something else, as well.


My Kaffe Fassett needlepoint cushion cover is finally all stitched. I haven't backed it yet, so it is only pretending to be a cushion in the picture above - but I have blocked it. I only used steam, because really that was all that was necessary.


The colours and patterns here make me very happy.

3 comments:

Bets said...

Very nice, love both of them!

Heather said...

Beautiful cushion, and the bag looks a great combo of useful and attractive.

How is the lion stuff working on the local cats?

jessiepoll said...

hehe! I made a similar thing yesterday! :)
Got fed up of untangling my headphones from my keys ALL of the time: http://tinyurl.com/ycpsskp