Sunday, 14 March 2010

Another good day

This morning, I sat outside in the sunshine to enjoy my coffee. Would you believe it was almost too hot? Until the sun went behind a cloud, that is, and then it wasn't too hot in the slightest, because the air is still chilly.

We think we may have solved the cat problem.

At the garden centre there was a huge selection of different things - sprays, granules, sonic repellers with PIRs - all sorts of things. And there was a very large empty section on the shelf, where the product in question seemed to have sold out. Whatever it was, it was very popular.

We looked closer - there was one packet left, right at the back. And we bought it.



Pellets of organic nitrogen-based fertiliser, soaked in 'genuine essence of lion dung'......!


I've picked up Nissa again, and I'm nearly up to the armholes on the front. The finish line is in sight, because this is the last piece to be knitted. I'm not going to inflict a photo on you. More grey knitting, ok.


Other than that, I've been stitching. The Kaffe Fassett needlepoint that has been on the frame for ages is nearly finished. I have a Candace Bahouth one all lined up and ready to go, but I am resisting the urge to start sorting the colours for it until the KF one is actually off the frame. This is taking a certain amount of willpower, because the attraction of something new and pretty is considerable.

After the KF design is off the frame, there will be another thing to do. I will have to block it - usually my needlepoints don't need much in this respect, due to the use of the frame - I stretch it pretty firmly whilst I am working on it. And then I need to turn it into a cushion cover, and that of course requires stitching of a different sort. I don't look forward to it, but it needs to be done.


Finally, what do you think of this? - and thankyou all for your input, it is much appreciated!



My camera is not as accurate with colours as I'd like, but that isn't too far astray from reality.


One last thing - if anything in this post seems a bit odd, please forgive me. The current level of one particular medication is making me somewhat dopy and unco-ordinated - I am having trouble thinking straight. It also means that I am sleeping quite a lot at the moment - about 14 hours a day - and the next dosage increase is likely to increase that as well. So things may get a bit strange around here.

It does seem to be helping though, to a certain extent. And that is good.

1 comment:

Helen said...

I wondered about getting that lion poo for my mice - well, they're not mine, they just visit - I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

You don't sound at all dopey or strange, and I'm glad it's helping.