Thursday, 28 January 2010

Who wants a wheel?

My friend Chris is selling her spinning wheel - well, one of her wheels, to be precise.

She's only selling it because of a house move - the new place is smaller, and one of her wheels absolutely has to go, there just isn't going to be room. She says it nearly breaks her heart to let it go, but it has to happen.....

So - if you (or someone you know) would like an Ashford Traditional wheel, which has been lovingly looked after and is in immaculate condition, for an extremely reasonable price - here is your chance.

This wheel - Ashford Traditional, as I said - has a single treadle and Scotch tension, is finished in dark oak stain, and to quote Chris - 'spins like a dream'.

It comes with a Lazy Kate, as well.

Let me know if you're interested!



Oh, and by the way - I've just finished Chamonix. I need to take some pictures, but I will just say at this point that it is completely gorgeous and I am really, really pleased with it.

The major event recently is that I've finally managed to nerve myself to pick up the Earth Stripe Curtain again. This had come to an untimely halt because I could kid myself no longer - the cast on edge was too tight, despite the fact that I used the lace cast-on. Fairly unlikely that it would actually be apparent in any way when the curtain was finished, because it wasn't that tight - but it bothered me. So it was sort of sidelined, whilst I thought about it.

Anyway, this morning I ripped it all back to the beginning, and I've cast on for the second time.

This time I used the e-loop cast on - the simplest cast-on in the world, the cast-on that gives the stretchiest edge of all, and (unfortunately) the absolute nastiest cast-on to work from. In Kidsilk Haze, with more than 300 stitches on the needle.

So now I have to get around to working the first row. Ho hum....

5 comments:

Heather said...

How much is your friend asking for the wheel? (my mum is on the look out for one).

Good luck with the curtains!

Fiona said...

She'd like £80 - that's for the wheel and the lazy kate together.

And the curtain - ah well. It is still sitting there on the dining table waiting for me to work the first row.....

BB said...

I am so tempted for the wheel, though I haven't learned to spin yet.
Must.Not.Be.Tempted.
Not yet, anyway.
**sigh**

Helen said...

I think I would need a strong light and a glass of something sparkling in order to face that first row. Something to stop my spirits from flagging. Good luck :)

Violetstone said...

Good luck with that ripping out and starting again. I feel for you. My lace project needs ripping out and starting again for the 2nd time, this particular yarn hates being unraveled.