Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Wednesday lunchtime

Chamonix is coming along.


Nobody spotted the mistake I'd made yesterday, including me.

The last set of cable crossings in the two centre cables had been made too soon. It was an easy fix, though. Take the cable stitches off the needle, ladder down an appropriate number of rows, work them back up again with a crochet hook, putting the cable cross at the right place.

Also - did I really say I was going to add 2" to the length? Far too conservative an estimate.

I've actually been able to add 6 1/2", taking the overall length from a far-too-short-to-be-flattering 18 1/2" up to a respectable 25". And it is entirely possible that I may be able to add a bit more.

So far I've used exactly four balls of RYC Cashmere Tweed. The pattern says that size M needs 20 balls, I had 4 more than that.

After I've finished the back, I shall work one of the sleeves. Then I can see how much yarn I've used at that point, and judge accordingly - not forgetting to allow for the collar. If I can add another inch, then there will be some frogging and reknitting.

Worth it, though.

No comments: