Monday, 30 November 2009

Monday morning

It's a lovely morning here. It is just pleasantly cool, the sun is coming through the clouds and the rain has stopped for the time being. If this were February, I'd be saying that it felt like spring.

Yesterday it poured down all day, and I stayed indoors and knitted.


This odd-looking thing is the result. All the main parts of First Frost are now finished - there is minimal seaming in this garment. My husband is puzzled as to what on earth I am knitting, and that's not surprising really. I am not going to enlighten him just yet.

I intended to make this quite wide and loose and at the moment I'm wondering if I've overdone it slightly. Well, I'll soon find out, because there will now be blocking - in other words I will attack this thing with the steam iron. Then there are two short seams to work, and then there is the edging. I'm not going to put any buttons (or buttonholes) on it.

The shaping of the two front sections was interesting. The first one felt extremely cryptic - blindly following the pattern, never my favourite way of working, and of course it is not symmetrical - but the second one seemed entirely logical and obvious. Funny how that goes.

Anyway, I'll get this blocked in a minute, and then later this morning we are going Christmas shopping. I'm not sure whether I'm looking forward to that or not.

No comments: