Kaari is finished.
I am very pleased indeed with this. I did take rather a long time seaming the pocket section, but that doesn't reflect the difficulty of the job, more the fact that I haven't had a lot of daylight knitting time over the last few days.
This pattern is excellent. The neckline looks initially as if it is not going to sit correctly at the tops of the sleeves, but (of course) it does work, beautifully. Ms Gaughan knows her business.
I made the third size, to fit bust 40", which actually measures 44" around at underarm level, and the only thing that I changed was to add a couple of inches to the length, after reading comments on Ravelry where people wished they had done that. Ravelry is so useful! Oh, and I worked the neckline one inch less than the pattern says, because I am not keen on high necks. Turns out it would have been ok as written.
So, to recap - Kaari is by Norah Gaughan, and you'll find the pattern in Berroco's Norah Gaughan Volume 1. The recommended yarn is Berroco Pure Merino Heather - 16 balls for the third size, which would work out at 1344 metres. I used Patons Jet (on 5mm needles to get gauge) and this pullover took 15 balls with minimal leftovers - really minimal I mean, just a couple of yards. So that is just about 1110 metres, and considering that I added a couple of inches to the length, I think it is safe to say that the yarn requirements given in the pattern are generous. But please do bear in mind that I used felted joins throughout - that does make quite a difference.
Verdict - very nice! I plan to make another in cotton.
Jyri is coming along nicely.
My husband says it looks like woolly egg cartons, and he is absolutely right. This is pleasant mindless knitting (well, nearly mindless) for the evenings at the moment.
The main thing today, though, is going to be Chamonix. I plan to cast on after lunch.
Grey cashmere, mmmm.