I finished the Cashmere Dean Street Hat yesterday, and I really am very pleased with it.
I had plenty of yarn. I used three and a bit skeins of RYC Cashmere Tweed. If I hadn't added half an inch to the length -necessary because of my large head and because I like hats to cover my ears - then three skeins would have done it.
The fit is perfect, and I think that I have here the ultimate non-itchy hat. Very warm and light, too, of course.
Also, I took out the picot cast-off on the Cashmere Fetchings, and worked an ordinary bind off. The fit is much improved, and I am completely happy with these now.
They go nicely with the Dean Street Hat, too.
Back to Kaari, now.
Lucy is doing better. We had a very worrying 24 hours - she was really rather ill. It turned out that the pancreatitis had come back again, and she had a nasty chest infection as well.
Monday night was not good. We sat up with her overnight because her breathing was so difficult, and at several points we thought she had gone - but by the morning she was considerably brighter, and during Tuesday she continued to improve. Today her appetite is completely back to normal and she isn't coughing at all. Thank goodness for antibiotics.
And I am coming to terms with the fact that I will have to have more surgery. This is definite. I don't yet know when it will be - soon, I hope! - and it is also not clear yet exactly how much will need to be done. There is a test coming up which ought to clarify this, but I haven't got a date for that yet, either.
In the meantime, I'm glad I've got my knitting.