Tuesday, 15 September 2009

Tuesday afternoon

I think it's worn off now - meaning the recent obsession with a shiny new technique - although it was fun whilst it lasted......

I am once again knitting something other than swatches, and I've finished the first Leafling sock.

The colours are now swirling in a very satisfactory way. However I can't seem to get the toe quite right here. The pattern gives an ordinary symmetrical toe, or alternatively there is an option for left and right shaped toes. I have, as you can see, tried the one for the right foot. I don't really like the way it looks but I must admit that it does fit nicely - however I don't know if I'll keep it this way. I can't somehow see myself checking which sock is which before I put them on, first thing in the morning.


I do quite like this sock construction. It is worked top down with a gusset above the heel, which makes for a good comfortable fit for those of us with a high instep.


I still can't get the energy to pick up Flow again. If I'm not careful it will end up lurking unfinished, and that would be a pity, because I think it is an excellent pattern.


I have, however, been busy. I have gone through the whole of the stash - all of it. This was quite a task. And predictably I now have a stack of things that I no longer want/need/love - but that someone else might like. Because they are all nice things.


There is some Peruvian Collection Baby Silk;


some Peruvian Connection Baby Cashmere;


some Peruvian Connection Quechua - which is a DK weight alpaca/tencel blend, very soft and silky;


some silver Goldfingering (which sounds like a contradiction in terms, doesn't it?);


a skein of Helen's Lace;


a skein of Lucy Neatby's Celestial Merino;



and finally two different shades of Regia's Cotton India Color sock yarn.

This is all on my Ravelry destash page at the moment, and there is more to come.

2 comments:

Helen said...

But you can't abandon Flow. I'm depending on you :)

Linda said...

The sock toe looks odd to me!! I didn't know that you could knit left and right ones, I do like a normal straight toe. The sock sare a nice pattern.