Thursday, 2 July 2009

Thursday afternoon

I am back. I was actually home on Tuesday, much earlier than expected, as things went very well indeed. However I really can't do very much at all just yet, and rest is top of the agenda.

However I have done a little bit of knitting.

Here is Shawl That Jazz, cast on last Thursday morning, and picked up again when I arrived home. I am enjoying this, there are times when garter stitch in a beautiful yarn is just what is needed, and this is definitely one of those times.

The colours really are lovely - and I decided on 4.5mm needles in the end.

This is Lorna's Laces Swirl DK, a wool/silk blend which reminds me very much of Blue Moon's Silkie in appearance, although of course this is DK and Silkie is lighter than that - and the colourway here is called Watercolor.

I did knit a little on my travel sock, which went into hospital with me. The yarn, it turns out, was not Trekking XXL after all but Megaboots Stretch. I cast on shortly after I arrived and worked on it, on and off, through Thursday evening. I finished the ribbing and a little bit of the leg, but since then I have not even looked at it.

5 comments:

Kate said...

The colours are beautiful. I've got a real thing for garter stitch after my EZ-fest. :-)

Helen said...

Oh good, I'm so pleased. You keep resting.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back. That shawl is going to be stunning.

Barbara

Linda said...

Lovely colours. I hope you are feeling OK. x

Joan said...

Ooh, glad you are back, and with eye candy even. Take it easy!