Saturday, 25 July 2009

Saturday afternoon

I've finished Shawl That Jazz, and I am really pleased with it.


Here it is on the fence as usual, looking rather washed out. In real life, I promise you, it is beautiful.

I worked this using 4.5mm needles, loose and easy, and getting the tension asked for in the pattern. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Swirl DK in 18 Watercolor, and I did break into skein number 8, but only for the last couple of rows and the cast-off. This shawl could easily be made with 7 skeins - ie, 1050 yards (970 metres). I made the version with extra ruffles, which means that you don't work decreases in the row after closing the short row gaps.

Verdict - lovely!

I am still completely undecided about which garment to make next, so I think that I will go and cast on for some more socks whilst I am thinking about it.

No comments: