Sunday, 19 July 2009

Nine

Considering that I actually finished this on Tuesday, it is high time that I posted a picture of my finished Mondo Cable Shell.


Here it is looking windswept, hanging on the garden fence. I made the size 42", using some salvaged Rowan Bamboo Tape. I really should have washed the yarn before reworking it, but there you go, I'm lazy. And it's come out alright. Anyway, the difference in tension (pattern = 18/24, yarn = 19/27) meant that this worked up equivalent to the size 40", and I added quite a bit of extra length.


I'm quite pleased with this, the pattern is nicely written with a lot of clever finishing details. Now all we need is a bit of sunshine again, and I'll have a chance to actually wear it.


With regard to other knitting, it's been slow progress here, and with reason - because at the moment, my two main projects are Shawl That Jazz, and the Trapeze Tank.

I'm still working the edging on Shawl That Jazz - something in excess of 600 stitches on the needle, and it really is impossible to photograph, so please just imagine a large multicoloured blob. I'm currently on the seventh ball of LL Swirl DK, and I think I'm starting to run out of steam here. The border is something like three inches wide at the moment - maybe one more ball? then I'd definitely have enough leftovers for another Baktus. I am wondering how big this is going to end up when it comes off the needles. Plenty big enough, I think.

The Trapeze Tank is coming along as well, but again, there are rather a lot of stitches on the needle.


I've worked the back and front yokes - these went quite quickly - and joined for the body, which is worked in the round. At the moment I'm about 25 rounds past the join, and I've got something in excess of 300 stitches on the needle. Another 45 rounds, increasing as I go, before I can start the short rows - I'll have just about 400 stitches on the needle by then. So this isn't exactly galloping along, either.

I feel distinctly in need of some instant knitting gratification, and am getting very tempted indeed to cast on for some pretty socks.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mondo cable shell looks really good on you, that's a nice length. p.s. glad to hear you're on the mend and hope it continues,
best wishes,
Terri

Kate said...

Ooh, is that you? It's lovely to put a face to your writing at last!

The tank looks gorgeous on you. Keep well. :-)

Heather said...

The cable shell looks beautiful on you. And the trapeze tank looks like it is coming along well too. Hope you are mending well :-)

Linda said...

Its lovely Fiona and looks great on. I hope you are doing OK. x