Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Wednesday afternoon

I have, of course, cast on for something new.


This unlikely-looking object is yesterday evening's progress on the Mondo Cable Shell. This pattern is from Bonne Marie at Chicknits, and it is extremely well written - concise and clear.

This is worked from the top down - so far I have completed the back as far as the bottom of the armhole shaping, and the left front to the same point. This evening I will hopefully get the right front finished, and join the whole thing up for working in the round. It is very interesting knitting and the finishing details are excellent - I very much like the way the slipped stitch edgings are worked. Extremely neat.

The yarn, by the way, is the Rowan Bamboo Tape salvaged from Kimono - the colour is called Wafer, the shade number escapes me at the moment. I don't think I'm going to have any problems with the armholes or neckline stretching beyond the bounds of decency, despite the lack of seams in this garment. This is because the edgings add structure - all very clever.

What else - nine days left. Tomorrow I have to go to the hospital for some tests, the letter tells me that I will be there for 'up to four hours'. This does sound somewhat intimidating - four hours? what on earth? - but my daughter, who is a medical student in London, tells me that it is extremely likely that three and a half hours of that will be spent in the waiting room.

So I'd better not forget the travel socks, then.

No comments: