Saturday, 20 June 2009

Saturday morning

Here's what's going on at the moment - yes, I am still knitting....


The Mondo Cable Shell has had a few more rounds completed. It is not looking its best here, remember that it is unblocked of course. However, here for your edification is the back of the right shoulder.


Just look how well that comes together. Yes, you can see my graft, I need to straighten out the stitches just a little bit. But this pattern is just so clever. It is all in the details....


.... like the armhole edging. So well thought out!

I have seen a really nice finished version in wool, made by the designer. I hope that mine looks even half as nice when it is finished.

Anyway, it is coming along very nicely now. The rest of the garment is plain beautiful stocking stitch in the round, knit all the way apart from the big cable down the centre front, and the increases at the sides. Easy peasy. Although I am thinking of doing something other than ribbing at the hem - still undecided on that, just for a change. (Irony there...)



What else - I have this morning picked up Rogue Roses again. The first sock is of course finished, and I'm working the heel flap on the second sock. I have five days left before I go into hospital, and I've decided that I really do want to get the current pairs of socks off the needles - this pair in particular. So that's what I'll be doing this weekend, when I'm able.

Truth to tell, the last few days have been so very stressful (continuing family crisis) that it's pretty hard focussing on anything at all, including knitting. Over the last three days I have accumulated a sleep debt of at least 12 hours - and there was a backlog before then as well. As and when/if things settle down a bit then catching up on sleep is going to be my priority. We aren't quite there yet, though....

3 comments:

Linda said...

The vest looks great and like you I love the green one. I do hope you catch up on sleep as its so important to be able to cope with stuff with rest. xx

Anonymous said...

Didn't E Zimmerman say something about knitting through the tough times? I hope things settle down soon. You always have some great knitting going on and I love to check in and see what you're doing.

Barbara

Enid said...

wishing you a good recovery