Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Eight

Here, against the odds, is Filey - finally finished this morning.


This is an Erika Knight pattern from Rowan 45. I made the second largest size, to fit chest 46" rather than our more usual choice to fit chest 48", because my husband prefers less ease in waistcoats. It's worked out just right.

The yarn is Summer Tweed, in 507 Rush - the colour is quite true in this picture, for a change - and I'm not sure how much yardage it took because this yarn was salvaged from a previous project, and I'm much too lazy to weigh the thing.

Buttons from Bedecked - these really are nice, and I can recommend the service there, as well. The website pictures are clear, with good descriptions, and the buttons arrived very promptly. These are lovely smooth wood (yes, real wood) with a beautiful grain and colour.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this, and my husband likes it too - which is what really matters.

A perfectly written pattern, and a very nice result.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Very nice. You're so good at doing Less is More.