Saturday, 16 May 2009

Seven

Here is sweater number seven this year.



This is Navigator, from Rowan 29. The pattern is by Kim Hargreaves, and is written for a wide range of sizes. I made the women's size M, and used 11 balls of Rowan All Seasons Cotton in 228 Smoke - the pattern suggests 12.

I added just a bit to the length, and worked the men's neckline shape instead of the wide boat neckline of the women's version. The neckline was worked in the round, to avoid a seam.

This is an excellent throw- on basic, and I might well make another one - this length works well with both skirts and trousers, and I like the decorative double decreases that KH uses for the shaping throughout. ASC is one of my favourite yarns, too.

So that's all good.


Here are the current travel socks, looking even more lurid than in real life.


They aren't quite as bright as that really, I promise, although they are still quite loud. The yarn is one of the Opal Handpaints. My husband likes this, which is the point of the whole exercise of course, so that's good.

And here is the current state of the Rainbow Baktus.


Noro Kureyon Sock yarn here. I cannot remember the colourway - I have left the ballband in my knitting bag downstairs and am too lazy to go and get it right now. It is not actually a whole ball of yarn as there was a certain amount of messing around with different cast-ons for a sock, a while back - and then I got fed up with it and decided that another Baktus would be more fun. And it is.

So that's good too.

No comments: