Wednesday, 1 April 2009

Wednesday

I'm still working on the beaded socks. The first one is finished now, and I'm past the ribbing on the second one.


They are just gorgeous, really. Maybe a touch impractical, but I just don't care, because they are so pretty.


This is not far from the true colour, but its still not quite right. Should be deeper and richer.....


This morning, however, I've not been knitting pretty socks. I've been sorting through my knitting books, because I have completely run out of shelf room and things have to go. I might eBay these, but I thought I'd put them up here to start with and see if anyone is interested.

I put these three and some others up on the Ravelry Book Destash Forum yesterday - here. The others are spoken for already - although that may of course change - but these three are still definitely up for grabs.

Heirloom Knits, Crochet Designs, Zen and the Art of Knitting, Knit Lit (too).....

Five of Stephanie Pearl McPhee's books.

And finally two Rowan magazines - I've found that I have two copies of each of these. That's Rowan 44 - this was the 30th anniversary issue, and Rowan 27. This dates from Spring 2000, and has 35 designs - patterns by Kaffe Fassett, Kim Hargreaves, Martin Storey, and Brandon Mably, amongst others.

If you're interested in any of these, please let me know - my email's at the top of the page, on the right - or message me on Ravelry.



And finally, I have started knitting something other than socks. This unprepossessing object is the beginning of Foxtail. Mindless stocking stitch, very nice and relaxing after the stitch detail and beading of the pretty socks.

1 comment:

Lin said...

The beads are pretty.