Friday, 24 April 2009

Friday evening

My first Baktus is finished.


Here it is, fetchingly worn by a coathanger on the fence. I actually finished this on Monday, but I didn't get around to a photo until today. I am very pleased with it - it is very pretty and easy to wear, and the pattern is addictive. Oh, and the yarn is lovely too!

To recap - this is Baktus. The pattern is free, and you can get it here.

I used 3mm needles, and went up to 80-something stitches on the needle. The yarn was a single skein of 100% cashmere sock yarn, from the original Hipknits - I remember that Trudi did a series of Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter colourways, the only one I managed to get hold of was the Autumn. And it is lovely.

Exactly how much I enjoyed making this simple thing can be judged from the fact that I cast on immediately for another one. I had some Noro Kureyon Sock yarn in a rainbow colourway that I had started to work into a pair of socks for myself, but truly I wasn't loving them.... so I frogged, and now I have another Baktus on the needles. Picture in the morning, if I get my act together.

I am sure there will be more Bakti (ok, I know it isn't really Latin) later in the year.

Oh, and I have just finished Foxtail. 24 days from start to finish - and it felt as if it was longer than that. I like the end result very much, though. I need to block it (= attack it with the steam iron) and photograph it. Again, hopefully that will be tomorrow!

No comments: