Here is sweater number five this year.
This is Foxtail, from Rowan's The Tapestry Collection, in 0175 Moorland. 7 balls of yarn used, exactly as per the pattern.
I made size M, to fit bust 36"-38", and it fits very nicely. I'm pleased with this, I don't look lost in it, it is very wearable, and I love the colours.
The only modification that I made was to omit the buttonhole, and to work a couple of extra rows on the front band. Verdict - all good!
There are other things on the needles as well.
This is another Baktus in progress - Noro Kureyon Sock yarn, this time. A very rustic effect with this yarn because of the thick-and-thin thing that you always get with Noro, rather nice with the slow colour changes I think, and very different from my first Baktus.
This did start off as a sock, and I frogged it, as you can see I have not yet knitted up all the frogged section of yarn. I wasn't loving the sock, and I kept thinking how nice the yarn would be as a Baktus. So here it is. 3mm needles again, by the way. I could perhaps have gone to 2.75 for this, but I'm not worrying about it.
And this was very nearly another Baktus.
However my husband spotted it, and said - That's nice. Can you make me a pair of socks like that? I'd like that.
Now, I have a weakness concerning remarks like that. If someone actually asks me to knit them something specific, I am quite likely to drop everything else on the agenda and do exactly that. So this yarn - Opal Handpaints sock yarn, by the way, don't ask me the exact colour because I have no idea - this yarn is not going to be a Baktus, it is going to be a pair of socks for my husband.
And finally, after all that colour, we are back to grey, because I have cast on for sweater number six this year.
This is going to be another Lacy Raglan Top - in size M this time, instead of size L. My row gauge is out again, and I have no idea what is going on with this. I'll have to add some rows if I want to end up with a garment the right length, some before the waist shaping and some after, I think. I don't want to start messing around with the number of rows in the raglan shaping.
This is yarn leftover from the Hooded Tunic that I made last year, and it is actually the fourth garment that I've made from All Seasons at the Mill - so that was definitely a good purchase.
Right now, I'm going to go and thin the tomato seedlings. I wish I had some idea how to keep the slugs off them, when we pot them out. There must be a way....