Saturday, 21 February 2009

Saturday

I am not very well.

As usual, I've been slow to admit it - if I was honest with myself, Wednesday wasn't brilliant and Thursday really wasn't too good at all - but yesterday morning I was feeling so unbelievably bad that even I couldn't kid myself that things were remotely ok.

Fortunately the NHS was absolutely there for me. At about 8:15 in the morning I rang the hospital ward where I had a procedure done a couple of weeks ago - looking at the symptom list on the discharge information that they gave me, you know the sort of thing - if you should develop symptoms x, y, or z, then call us! do not hang around and wait to see if it goes away! - and they told me to go straight to my GP. So I called the GP, and lo and behold, a 9am appointment was there waiting for me, and by 9:20 we were headed home with antibiotics and pain pills.

So the rest of Friday was something of a blur.

And I think I'm going to just carry on with all that, as appropriate, until I start to feel better, thankyou very much.

4 comments:

Martelle said...

Sorry to hear that you're feeling unwell. I hope the antibiotics start working soon and you improve rapidly. Hope that you can still manage some knitting.

Heather said...

Hope the antibiotics and painkillers do the job quickly. It sounds no fun :-( Hope a bit of knitting (or reading about knitting) can be done to cheer you up.

Anonymous said...

So sorry you're not feeling well Fiona. Take care of yourself and hope you feel better v.soon, Terri x

Joan said...

Hope you're on the mend and will be feeling good enough to knit again soon.