Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Serendipity

Yesterday evening I was looking in the stash for a ball of Trekking XXL sock yarn in shades of purple. I knew I had one, somewhere. I just couldn't find it.

I wanted it for the Tibetan Socks in Cat Bordhi's New Pathways book - not the Tall Tibetan ones which I am making from STR mediumweight, those are still on the needles - but the shorter ones with the fall-down cuffs, worked with the Trekking XXL held double. I feel a need for thick socks at the moment, with the temperatures as low as they are right now.

Anyway, I was looking in the stash. I did not find the purple Trekking XXL, but I did find - oh joy! - a whole extra pack of Louisa Harding Kashmir Aran.

I thought I had more of this stuff! I can't remember what I had in mind when I bought it, but I had been sure that I had a generous sweater's worth of it - except that when I was planning to make the February Lady Sweater, I could only find one pack. Not enough. I was puzzled - why would I have only bought one pack? 750 metres of aran weight doesn't go far with me. Surely there was more? - but no, I couldn't find it.

Until yesterday evening! Now I can have a February Lady Sweater in this lovely smooth sheeny stuff, if I still want to. Or Mr Greenjeans. Or a Central Park Hoodie. Or Cassidy. Or Ariann, currently the front runner - in fact I have a suspicion that's what I had in mind when I bought this yarn. I'm very pleased!

And this morning, I found the purple Trekking as well.

Things do work out right, sometimes.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh, there's an idea! I've had two packs of the same yarn in my stash for ages as well. I bought it with Rogue in mind but I think subconsciously I've always known that it was more suited to something a bit more lacy.

I do wish I could go also through my stash and accidentally find a whole pack of yarn, though. ;-)

Lin said...

That sounds likea great yarn to find, which colour is it?