Tuesday, 6 January 2009

It's true.....

I had heard rumours about the imminent demise of Rowan's 4 ply Soft, Scottish Tweed Aran, and Scottish Tweed Chunky. These are all in the John Lewis clearance sale that is running at the moment, and that is usually a very big hint indeed.

I really didn't want this to be true. The Scottish Tweed is such lovely stuff - and 4 ply Soft is one of my favourites, too.

But now we know, because someone has asked Rowan and been given a definitive answer - have a look here, on Jannette's blog.

This would explain why I have been waiting soooo long for the Scottish Tweed Aran for my Kaffe Fassett Lantern Cardigan.

Curses. And other words expressing extreme annoyance.

The only thing that cheers me up about this, is that there must be something good lined up as a replacement. I wonder what it is?

By the way, I've nearly finished the second sleeve of the Striped Sweater. It looks exactly the same as the first sleeve, not surprisingly. I am still worried that I'm going to run out of the mid-grey colour......

2 comments:

Kate said...

*sheds a tear for 4ply Soft*

I only ever used it for socks, but it is such delicious yarn to knit with. Perhaps if it ends up being reduced I'll treat myself to a bag of it and make a whole cardigan. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say, but one of the sales ladies in Liberty told me that this was indeed the case - she had no idea what was coming next and was also sad to see the demise of this yarn - I bagged four colours in the scottish tweed chunky and aran - all at 60% discount which is some consolation!

commiserations, Terri x