Thursday, 6 November 2008

Thursday

A better day today.

Lucy has improved noticeably, doesn't seem to be in any discomfort, and is eating normally again. So, a modelling session of sorts.


I think that one photo is all we can cope with, actually. I'm sorry it is so incredibly blurry - I have no idea what I did wrong - but never mind. We already know that I am a rubbish photographer. I hope that you can still see that the little coat/sweater fits nicely. And I'll take another picture tomorrow in the daylight.

This is based on Penny, from Knitty. I made quite a lot of changes, as you can see. This took most of one skein of Cascade 220.

The little coat/sweater is a strange looking thing when Lucy isn't wearing it.

From the side, as I'm sure you can work out.

And from underneath.


On another note, my copy of Amber arrived this morning. I had heard that this book is a lot better than the photographs online. Now, the online photos are pretty darn excellent to start with. But yes, the book is better still.

The book is lovely.

I thought that I only wanted to make one project from this book. I now like so many of these garments that it is quite ridiculous. However we all know that I have issues with unrealistic planning (please don't laugh too hard) so I will restrain myself from verbally committing to anything at all until at least tomorrow.

But seriously - it is a really, really good book.



From the comments - Terri - yes, Yorkshire Tweed Chunky is an excellent sub for Scottish Tweed Chunky!

No comments: