Sunday, 16 November 2008

Knitting mojo?

Would you believe that I have hardly knit at all this weekend? I just can't seem to sit down to it. Maybe three rows since Friday, that's all.

It is interesting in a way, because I've been in this situation before. When we were moving house last year - or rather trying to move - things did get rather stressful, to put it mildly.

Usually my answer to coping with stress is simple - I retreat to my knitting. But if things don't ease off, I reach a point where I just can't knit. I wish I could sort this out in my head.

But I'll get there in the end. What I really need to do is to sit down, and then just knit. And not think.


By the way, I still haven't frogged the single half-finished Druid Mitten.

It had indeed crossed my mind that the yarn might bloom with washing - although I don't think it will - or that I could give it some serious blocking and try to make it fit that way. But I don't think I want to go that route. I want it to fit, and let's face it, the mitten size is 'women's small' and I just don't have small hands. Off-the-shelf, one-size-fits-all gloves and mittens never fit me. I need to frog it and try again with 2.5mm needles.



By the way - the Wee Peggy is taken, I believe. But the Herring wheel is still available. It really is a very beautiful wheel, in perfect working order. I don't think I mentioned the price - £70. Yes, a bargain. Anyone interested? I shall try to get hold of a picture.

No comments: