Kari was finished yesterday afternoon, and was worn all evening. I like it.
You can see that the neckline is rather different from the pattern version ....
Sorry the picture is so small, I cannot work out how to make it larger.
Anyway. My version has a collar that is less of a cowl, and is more face framing. I am rather pleased with it, actually. It is just what I had in mind, except with two thicknesses of fabric instead of one. In fact I am rather pleased with the whole thing, and I think I shall wear it to knitting group on Friday this week. It is very wide and drapy, the sleeves in particular work well - the fabric is very very warm, and these elbow length sleeves mean that it is still suitable for indoor wear.
So, to summarise - this is Kari, from Rowan's The Cocoon Collection. I made size L, and used 7 skeins of Cocoon in Mountain 805. I altered the neckline to reduce the volume. My row gauge was compressed, unfortunately - 17.5 rows to 4" instead of 16 - which meant that I used more yarn than expected. 7 skeins was still enough ......
...... but I didn't have much left over.
I have started my husband's pullover.
This is going to be the Striped Sweater from Rowan's Classic Knits for Men, aka Knitting For Him. It is worked in Rowan Scottish Tweed DK, and I am making the size to fit chest 48". That little teeny bit of knitting on the needle (fancy rib there, by the way, but you can't really see it) has no less than 153 stitches, as the finished pullover is going to actually measure nearly 54" around the chest.
I think it may take me a while.