Monday, 13 October 2008

Monday

Well, that was fun.

I had no idea what it was going to be like, taking part in a spinning demonstration - I'm not exactly a very experienced spinner, after all. But it was completely fine, and I enjoyed myself. Lots of people wanted to stop and chat, and I do hope that some of them will be inspired to take their interest a step further, and actually try spinning for themselves - because really that's what it's all about.

The other thing, of course, is that sitting next to an experienced spinner all afternoon I have learnt some things myself as well, and now I want to try them out. I still have that washed Shetland fleece, both the moorit one and the white one. My attempts at carding last year were not exactly a success, but I think I might try working straight from the fleece, now I've seen this done.

Not right now, though. I have, after all, spun solidly for three hours this afternoon. Time for some knitting, I think.

No comments: