Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Later....

I finished the first slipper, and it is not going to be frogged.

Here are the finished 8 squares of sock yarn leftovers, looking very unprepossessing.

And here they are once I had seamed them together, looking even less likely, if that is possible.


A thing of beauty it is not. Also, it is really very small indeed . And yet, mirabile visu, it fits.


Well, after a fashion, anyway. My husband approves and says it is 'just right'. I don't entirely agree. I think it is on the small side, and that this is the size to make for it to fit me. I shall make its fellow to match, of course, but I think that next time I make a pair of these for my husband I shall sneakily add a bit to the cast on number. These have 18 stitches, and in my opinion are definitely on the small side for him. The ones with 22 stitches were ridiculously large - I think I shall try 20 stitches. But that's for next time.

By the way, it is very interesting (to say the least) trying to work out how to fold these for seaming, when one is too lazy to go and turn the computer on and look at the diagram in the pattern. I got there in the end, though.

No comments: